We welcome preliminary discussions with customers about building and development proposals by email or at face to face meetings.
Choose an option
We are happy to participate and comment throughout the early stages of design. We will undertake any necessary consultations with other in-house services or external organisations in order to provide comprehensive co-ordinated design advice.
Relevant issues will be highlighted in order for both strategic and detailed matters to be addressed at the earliest possible stage.
Do I need Building Regulations Approval?
You need Building Regulation permission when:
- you erect or extend a building
- you materially alter a building e.g. carry out structural alterations
- you extend or alter a controlled service within a building e.g. install a new heating boiler
- you want to change the building's fundamental use
- you carry out work or renovate a thermal element
View the Planning Portals interactive house to see if you need to apply. Interactive house guide