Building Control Inspections
The Building Regulations stipulates key stages in any building project where the Partnership should be notified. These are called statutory notifications. In addition we request notification at floor level and roof structure.
Choose an option
Commencement of work - at least two clear working day's notice
- Foundation excavation - at least one clear working day's notice
- Foundation concrete - at least one clear working day's notice
- Oversite preparation, - before laying concrete or floor units - at least one clear working day's notice
- Damp proof course - at least one clear working day's notice
- Foul and surface water drains before covering - at least one clear working day's notice
- Drains after covering notice - within five days
- Occupation - notice five days before occupation
- Completion of work - notice within five days
- Floor structure (non statutory)
- Roof structure (non statutory)
We will inform you when we acknowledge receipt of your application of the stages we wish to be notified. Where notification is received before 10:00a.m (weekdays) and an inspection is required it is our aim to carry out a site inspection on the same day the request has been made. We will schedule inspections and inform you of an approximate time by 11:00am.
Notifications can be given by email to email@example.com by telephone to 01453 754 871 or in writing to the Council Offices.
You can also request an inspection using the Building Control Request Form.
Completion inspections are booked on the next available day. You will be informed of the time of the inspection on the day of the appointment.
When your work is finished and a satisfactory final inspection has been carried out we will issue you with a completion certificate. These certificates are valuable evidence to show that the work has been checked for compliance with the Building Regulations. A completion certificate will be needed when selling your property or when raising finance so make sure you ask for a final inspection and get a completion certificate.
To ensure prompt issuing of the completion certificate the following tests and/or commissioning certificates may be requested by the Building Control Surveyor depending on the type of building and the extent of the work being undertaken:
- Fire alarm and detection system
- Emergency lighting
- Air leakage
- Automatic smoke ventilation
- Sound insulation
- Energy Performance Certificate